SULTAN HASSANAL BOLKIAH
Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah GCB GCMG (born 15 July 1946) is the Sultan andYang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the 29th Sultan of Brunei, the eldest son of Omar Ali Saifuddien III, the previous Sultan of Brunei, and Pengiran Anak Damit.
Marriage and children
The Sultan currently has one wife, with Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha being designated his first wife. His former second wife, Pengiran Isteri Hajah Mariam, was a former stewardess for the national carrier, Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) whom he divorced in 2003, stripping her of all her royal titles. In August 2005 her place was taken by a former Malaysian TV3 presenter, Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, who is 33 years younger than the Sultan. They divorced in 2010.
Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah is the crown prince and the Sultan's heir, the eldest son of the Sultan and Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha, his first wife. As of 2008, Hassanal Bolkiah has five sons and seven daughters with his three wives.
- By HM Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha:
- By HRH Pengiran Isteri Mariam:
- HRH Prince 'Abdul 'Azim (born 29 July 1982)
- HRH Princess 'Azemah (born 26 September 1984)
- HRH Princess Fadzillah (born 23 August 1985)
- HRH Prince 'Abdul Mateen (born 10 August 1991)
- By Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim
- HRH Prince 'Abdul Wakeel (born 1 June 2006)
- HRH Princess Ameerah (born 28 January 2008)