PILIHANKU

TAJAAN

23 Jun 2010

PIALA DUNIA 2010: MALANG BAGI DOMENECH...?


France 1-2 South Africa

Domenech feels 'great sadness'

June 22, 2010
By Soccernet staff
France coach Raymond Domenech said he felt "a great sadness" after his side crashed out of the World Cup after losing 2-1 to hosts South Africa.
Group A is settled
Domenech, who will now leave the post to be replaced by Laurent Blanc, has seen the campaign marred by infighting and constant media pressure over his handling of the squad.
Choosing to drop captain Patrice Evra ahead of their final group game was the latest to raise eyebrows and Domenech claimed he was sorry for what happened at the tournament.
"I feel great sadness at what has happened not only for myself but for the French people," he said. ''I shook hands with the players because we have been through some difficult times together. We need to be dignified in victory and defeat. Our goal showed we had taken a step forward.
''I have had a splendid adventure for the last six years, good times and bad times. It is impossible to summarise at the moment what has happened. I cannot analyse things yet. I am not concerned about myself only the French team and its future.''
Domenech, who appeared to get involved in a verbal altercation with opposite number Carlos Alberto Parreira, added: ''Good luck to my successor and the French team. I wish them all the best. I will be their No.1 fan.''

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan